Sunday, March 21, 2010
The Doctor is In: and His Scalpel is the US Constitution
by Mark Baker
March 21st, 2010 will go down in history as either the 'Beginning of the End' of America as a Constitutional Republic, or as 'Beginning of the Re-Establishment of America as a Constitutional Republic.' Leading up to this 'Black Sunday,' most every poll taken indicated that an average of 54% of those polled were against HR 3590, known as Obama's 'Healthcare Reform' Bill.
Not the fact that those pushing the 2000+ page monstrosity, didn't know what was in it -or so Nancy Pelosi herself alluded to when she inserted foot-in-mouth by saying, "You can find out what's in the Bill 'after' we pass it-" Not Impeached ex-Judge-turned-Congressman (how'd that happen?), Alcee Hastings boldly stating "...when the deal 'goes down,' ahh, all this talk about, ahh rules; we make 'em up as we go along." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbHTJSu_2Lk ; not unprecedented calls to Democrat Representatives across America by constituents who opposed the Bill, not anything mattered. Why? How could something so vile and prima facie un-Constitutional have any chance of becoming law?
I'll tell you how. When we have a sitting President and those in the majority in the US House and Senate, willing to violate their Oaths of Office (an impeachable office I believe), disregard the majority of their constituents desires, choosing instead to accept outright bribes (another impeachable offense I believe) or simply 'Airplane Rides' on Air Force One, agree to abdicate their elected responsibilities and yield to a the Tyranny of Three (Obama, Pelosi and Reid) and the unseen 'Special Interests' who back them. That's how.
For a couple weeks before Black Sunday, Michigan Congressman Bart Stupak appeared to many to be a rare Democrat of 'reason' and 'principle,' or at least as rare as Pro-Life Democrats are to find. I, being rather cynical about all Democrats and RINO's, didn't buy the act and figured Bart was simply posturing (as crass political hacks are SO adapt at) to gain a better leveraging position with the Big Three (O.P.R.). As it turns out, I was correct as good Bart betrayed the unborn and sold his soul to Obama for $726,409 -30 pieces of silver adjusted for inflation- as an amount in grants, that three airports in northern Michigan will receive for maintenance and improvements. The funding was provided by the U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Aviation Administration on March 21, 2010, just an odd coincidence I'm sure.
Let us not forget either, that the T-3 were prepared to use the 'Slaughter Rule' to slide this hideous Bill through if their arm-twisting and bribes failed to garner enough votes for crunch time.
After Scott Brown embarrassed the Democrat Party by winning Teddy Kennedy's Senate Seat, one would have thought they'd have 'seen the light,' and realized that 'this dog ain't gonna hunt.' MOST crass Democrat operatives, who spend three-quarters of their lives with a wet finger held in the air, WOULD indeed have seen said light, pulled back to lick their wounds, and re-grouped to fight another day.
Fast-Forward to March 21st, 2010, 'Black Sunday.' 'The People,' -that group of FREEDOM-LOVING Individuals our radical Founding Fathers thought so highly of, and sacrificed so much for- US, stood by scratching our collective heads as, rather than seeing Obama and Company respect the will of the people, watched as they cast-aside consensus and common sense and rage forward with reckless abandon, gathering with them an equally un-photogenic Louise 'she wore her dead sister's dentures' Slaughter and her 'Slaughter Rule,' which for those of you who are unfamiliar with it, works like this:
The speaker brings a bill containing a list of changes that the House wants to make to the Senate bill to the floor for a vote. When the House members vote for and pass this list of changes to the Senate bill, the House will 'DEEM' the Senate bill as passed as well, even though the Senate bill itself was never voted on to begin with. As it ended up, they didn't have to resort to it's use as they were able to find enough whores to sell-out their constituents to pass it on an Up & Down vote.
Well Citizen Dismay after T-3's further entrenchment post the Brown win, turned to outrage March 21st when they finally foisted their nasty bill upon us in suppository form. With these events as an introductory backdrop, we turn to a man whose name I believe will soon eclipse that of Scott Brown, that of Dan Benishek, a doctor from Crystal Falls, Michigan who works as a general surgeon and has filed to run for Bart 'Judas' Stupak's Seat.
After watching the news on TV of the bill's passage and subsequent glee on the faces of the tyrants who passed it, I called Dr. Benishek who refreshingly enough, answered his own phone (as most people in Crystal Falls do). I introduced myself and asked if he had a few minutes to talk with me and answer some questions to which he graciously answered yes. Nearly an hour later, having become very comfortable with the knowledge that not only is Doc. Benishek a solid Constitutional Conservative, but also a great, down-to-earth family-man who anyone would be happy to go fishing with.
Dr. Benishek told me that his FaceBook Wall Page had picked-up over 4,000 'Friends' in a little over 24 hours before we spoke, taking it to a bit over 8,000 in number. As I write this article, I see it's approaching 11,000. It's said that 'Nature Abhors a Vacuum,' and Obama's Tyranny is proving just that, as Constitutionalist Americans wake-up and get behind others such as Doc. Benishek.
I find it more than just a little ironic, that the person who's emerging to counter the mis-deeds of Bart Stupak, is a man that has spent years using very sharp tools to repair injuries and cut-out bad things. Now he's bringing those skills and determination to help repair our great country and his scalpel this time, to repair the damage and cut-out the disease is the US Constitution. Following is Doc. Benishek's biography, beliefs and goals in his own words:
Hi, I am Dan Benishek. I am running for U.S. Congress in Michigan’s 1st District and would like your support.
I was born in Iron River, Michigan. My mother was of Polish descent and my father of Bohemian descent. My father worked for the Civilian Conservation Corps and then in the iron mines of Iron County. He died in a mining accident in 1957 and my brother and I were raised by my mother, with the help of family. I graduated from West Iron County High School in 1970. I earned a B.S. in Biology from the University of Michigan in 1974 and graduated from Wayne State Medical School in 1978. I have served as a general surgeon in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula since 1983. My wife Judy and I live in Crystal Falls. We share five children and two grandchildren. I am an avid hunter and fisherman and an NRA member.
I have never held political office but I feel compelled to seek a position at this time because of disturbing developments in our nation’s capitol. I have watched with horror and disbelief as congress has voted to spend trillions of dollars on legislation that no one even read. I very much want to serve my country and the citizens of the 1st District and to provide better representation and leadership on important issues such as:
· Job Creation. Our best hope lies within the private, not public, sector. In particular, we need to support small business, which creates the bulk of new jobs. Government should step aside and let the free market work by reducing burdensome regulation and taxation.
· Fiscal Responsibility. Government is out of control and is squandering our children’s future! I say no to more government bail-outs, business takeovers, and growing entitlements. It is time to make drastic cuts in spending, balance our budget, stop printing money and start paying down our ballooning national debt.
· Lower Taxes. I believe that a government which governs least is a government which governs best. We need a government of the people, by the people and for the people. We need to reduce oppressive taxation and allow individual citizens to keep and invest more of their hard-earned money. We need to shrink the size and scope of our government to be in line with that envisioned by our founding fathers.
· Secure Borders. Immigration must be legal and regulated and our borders must be secure. Uncontrolled access to our country increases entitlement expenses, decreases available jobs and renders us vulnerable to terrorists who want to destroy us.
· Health Care. America has the best health care system in the world – a system which needs fine-tuning but definitely not a government take-over! We need to focus on free market reforms which will increase competition and decrease costs. A good place to start would be to allow health care insurance to be tax deductible, portable and sold across state lines. Additionally, we must pass tort reform to rein in skyrocketing costs associated with frivolous medical law suits.
· Energy Independence. Radical environmentalism has rendered energy development next to impossible. While we must be good stewards of the earth, God gave us this earth and all its resources for our needs. America has huge coal, natural gas and oil reserves. We need to responsibly tap into these reserves and stop relying on other nations to supply our energy. In addition, we need to vigorously expand our use of nuclear power as a safe, clean and efficient source of energy.
· National Defense. It is a primary responsibility of our federal government to provide a strong national defense to protect our nation, our liberty and our ideals. We should honor and respect our armed services and veterans, not undermine their strength and dignity. Additionally, we must aggressively pursue the war on terror and we must try prisoners of war in military tribunals, not as citizens in our civilian courts.
· Second Amendment. I believe in the individual’s right to self defense. The right to bear arms secures other rights such as freedom of speech, freedom to assemble and freedom to practice religion. If we allow disarmament of our citizens, we render our nation vulnerable to tyranny.
· Right to Life. I believe in the inalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Paramount is life. From conception to death, all human life must be considered sacred and must be protected.
If you believe in personal responsibility and limited government, please support me in my effort to change the status quo in Washington and return responsible representation to the 1st District of Michigan. If you feel powerless as you watch our government take your hard earned money and spend it foolishly, choose me. If you want an honest, hard working congressman who will answer your letters and phone calls, choose me.
As a surgeon, I have 30 years experience dealing with and solving serious problems. I don't have all the answers to our nation’s problems but I will enthusiastically apply my skills and work with you to find them! Let us start here and work together to return our government to the people. Join my campaign and stand as a citizen of our great republic with your vote for me.
NOTES: To contribute to Dan's campaign on-line, please visit his website at:
Or, you may mail a campaign-support check to the following address:
Benishek for Congress
802 Pentoga Trail
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
FEC rules state that any contribution of $200.00 or more must be accompanied with your occupation and employer information. Please no corporate checks. Contributions are not tax deductible.
Thank you everyone for your support!